Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Lost and Found!!!!!!

Thanks to Risha for the wonderful write up on Lost and found !!! As a sequel, I narrate below a similar experience..

I had a classmate by name Chandramouli in Class III and IV.. we used to live a couple of streets away in our neighbourhood.. we had good time, be it studies or games.. His father was transferred out of Madras and he eventually switched to someother school... all contact lost..

In mid 2002, I happened to drop a friend of mine at his relative's place (he gave his bike to service and I had to drop him).. they had a family get-together there during which he introduced me to his cousins.. I had a chat with his cousin.. Normal questions like where do u work.. interest/hobbies etc... then suddenly there came a topic where I live..

I mentioned where I live.. his father who was listening to our conversation mentioned that he visited our place several years ago.. Immdly I wanted to know whom they visited... they had visited my old friend Chandramouli's house.. they were mouli's relatives... My eyes lit up on hearing his name "Mouli".. I came to know that Mouli was in Australia and doing in Ph.D. I got his email and shot a mail.. he replied immdly. he still remembered me.. Man.. what an extraordinary feeling ran through me.. I can still recollect it..

He came down for his sister's wedding.. I met him at his house.. We tried recollecting the things we had done.. We were in Class III... Mouli had a water gun (gifted by his relative).. it is not an ordinary water gun.. it is in the shape of a camera.. you focus the camera on to a person and click the shutter button.. Instead of the photo being clicked..it shoots a trial of water on to the person.. The Einstein in us made us to add some bril ink (blue) to the water and used it to shoot on the wall... his mother saw us in action... couple of blows ended it all..

Mouli is now in US doing further studies... It is really great to meet a friend after many many years.... The friendship we make at school remains in our lives for ever...

We have a classmate's wedding this month.. probably many folks wud turn up.. surely its going to be interesting...

4 Comments:

Blogger Risha said...

I was here!!!
Sweet memories are gifts we give to ourselves :-)

4:10 AM  
Blogger expertdabbler said...

adhu epdi da un friends ellam nalla padicha padikara pasangala irukaanga.. nee mattum.. seri vidu ellam irukaradhu dhaan:D

10:55 PM  
Blogger Gowri Sankar R said...

Piravi medhaigal ellam education/studies ai pathi comment panna koodadhu... its true almost that all my friends (there are certain exceptions - like peravi medhaigal) who did not even write their respective register number in their answer papers.. seri idthodah vituduren...

10:58 PM  
Blogger nullity said...

nice post...well remembered....

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home